Saturday, March 20, 2010




My first paid project was a design for online moonwalk rental directory. The year was 2005 (if I'm not mistaken), and that's when I realized that freelancing career is as real as my customer service job which I held for 4 years.

I remember working harder than I ever did and not really expecting to get paid for it, thinking to myself - why would anybody be willing to pay for something that is so much fun to do?

I remember staring at my first payment transaction with Paypal and the feeling of pride and gratitude I've had when I've realized that doing this is worth something not only to me but to others as well.

That directory's owner had contacted me today for new project after all these years. Freelancing rocks!

1 comments:

Zen said...

Congrats!

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
If I had to describe my life in 5 words, they would have to be: Mother/ Mom/ Mommy/ Freelancer/ Woman. I have all of the qualities needed to be a good artist -- creativity, experience and total lack of discipline... Ok, ok, the last one has got to go since I am a mommy and a freelancer now and these two things do not mix well with being undisciplined and unorganized. So this blog supposedly will describe my journey towards an iron-disciplined army-style-organized and oh-so-boring me. Or not. Keep updated to see this story developing! :)

Followers