Tuesday, February 23, 2010
This is a thumbnail of a site I am working on now. I had seen this site grow from the bottom up -- it was me about a year and  a half ago who was hired for the simple project of building an HTML site based on the template. It was me, who was later hired to manage this site on the monthly basis. And it was me again who spent all day today converting 50+ html pages into Joomla CMS.
Yeah, I guess I had to learn this the hard way -- it is better to put some work into it now and use the backend system than to build a quick html site and have nightmares over updates later. And you would think I would get this lesson much earlier but no, I had to spend about 6 months fighting with the obvious. Oh well, I am still learning.
The rest of the time I spend with my son. It is amazing how fast he is growing and so frustrating not to be able to dedicate myself to see him growing.
He gets so frustrated sometimes because we don't get what he wants fast enough, and of course I get even more frustrated when I have a screaming/kicking/on the floor kinda kid on my hands. I just wish he would start talking fully but I also know that he does things at his own timing...
For example, Ari is a HUGE fan of "Little Einsteins". This kid can walk around all day singing their opening theme song (which I grew to hate by now) and absolutely loves to watch it. Well, except for one episode.
It is called "Little Purple Plane" and it features a really nice song by Mozart, little girl Annie and her toy. Little plane needs to fly over the bridges and mountains to save (don't quote me on this) a Green Helicopter, who is stuck on top of something (I think its a tree, but once again, do not quote me on that). Perfect, right?
Well, everytime this episode comes up on TV both me and Mike have to jump up and turn the TV off. Because whenever Ari sees it -- he will FREAK OUT, tears/toys/everything else he gets his hands on go on the floor, etc. What is going on?! Its just one more mystery to being a child, I guess...
Patience and understanding -- that's what I need. The problem is, I never had much of either one... Oh well, I guess that's another lesson to learn, huh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
If I had to describe my life in 5 words, they would have to be: Mother/ Mom/ Mommy/ Freelancer/ Woman. I have all of the qualities needed to be a good artist -- creativity, experience and total lack of discipline... Ok, ok, the last one has got to go since I am a mommy and a freelancer now and these two things do not mix well with being undisciplined and unorganized. So this blog supposedly will describe my journey towards an iron-disciplined army-style-organized and oh-so-boring me. Or not. Keep updated to see this story developing! :)

Followers