Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Today Blogger had given me an unexpected present.

Browsing my online friend’s blog, Blasian Baby Notes, I logged into my old account to leave a comment for her post.  A while back (something around 6-7 years ago) I used to host few blogs on Blogger, which I had abandoned and totally forgot about. Imagine my surprise when I saw four blogs still listed under my account! There are 50+ entries and I still can’t believe they are here…

I went through each one of them. Some made me smile, others brought back sad memories, but the most important things is that I can take a look back and evaluate what I had achieved and where I failed throughout these years. A lot had changed since then. But a lot also stayed the same.

Michael and I are still together. In fact, April 6th will make our 10th year anniversary. Yeah, we do fight and argue sometimes. Last year was so hard on us that we came very close to separating, but had been trying to rekindle that fire we once had. Nobody knows what future holds but I believe that there are no problems that two grownups can’t overcome if they both are willing to put some work into it.

All those sleepless nights messing around with HTML and PHP had fully paid off. I am now a full time freelance web designer and graphic artist.  Just like 5 years ago we are still working together – Mike is mostly into web development and flash, and I am into design and illustrations. Turns out, I am pretty good at drawing and I think I had finally found out what I was meant to do.

I do not have my cats anymore. Kitty (Bebop) ran away and Ninja got hit by a car. I still miss them… These are great memories and I do not regret having either one of them in my life. Kiya, a stray cat we picked up in Atlanta, had never gotten over her problems and had to stay behind in Georgia after we left. Since then we did not have any pets, nor am I planning to have one in near future.

Looking over past years all these changes are so minor and insignificant when it comes to the one that is sleeping next to me as I write this post. His name is Ari and he is 3 years old. I will take time to write his full story as a separate post because he deserves it, but for now let’s just say that he is a true miracle in our lives and I am SO proud of him and how much he had overcome and achieved. He is healthy and happy now despite his rough start in life and I KNOW he is meant for something very special in this life.

I have a lot to be grateful about -- all of the places I’ve been, the people I’ve met and the lessons I’ve learned…  I must remember to give credits when they are due…

2 comments:

Nikki said...

thank you for the linky love :) hope you keep this blog updated *ahem* :)

shotoclay said...

ha ha
yeah, I am bad at keeping up with these things too...

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
If I had to describe my life in 5 words, they would have to be: Mother/ Mom/ Mommy/ Freelancer/ Woman. I have all of the qualities needed to be a good artist -- creativity, experience and total lack of discipline... Ok, ok, the last one has got to go since I am a mommy and a freelancer now and these two things do not mix well with being undisciplined and unorganized. So this blog supposedly will describe my journey towards an iron-disciplined army-style-organized and oh-so-boring me. Or not. Keep updated to see this story developing! :)

Followers